The NTUA Central Library, in order to cover the research needs of its academic community, provides to the NTUA community members the opportunity of using the Inter-Library Loan Service.
The ability of using the Inter-Library Loan Service is given to all members of the NTUA community (faculty members, technical staff, scientific assistants, administrative staff, undergraduate, postgraduate students and PhD candidates), provided they are registered members of the Library.
Through this service, the users have access to bibliographic materials that are not included in the Central Library’s Collections or other NTUA Departments, while at the same time the Central Library may provide its own material to other cooperating libraries.
The user (member) of the Inter-Library Loan Service can request copies of journal articles, standards and monograph excerpts. Similarly, they may borrow monographs, theses, dissertations. For further information you may visit the Inter-Library loan Regulation page.
The Inter-Library Loan service is centrally operated through the Hellenic Academic Libraries Link (HealLink) and in a co-operation with the National Documentation Centre (EKT) and the British Library (BL).
Use of the Inter-Library Loan Service in steps
- Select the link: Electronic Submission and Inter-Library Loan Applications Monitoring
- From the Inter-Library Loan page, select the link Log in.
- Then, select the profile Registered Library members Log in.
- Enter the library that you are members of, which is National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) – Central Library.
- Enter Username (Barcode) and Password (Pin) from your library card (or your academic identity) and select Next page.
For more information visit the user guide.
Applications can be also submitted through the OPAC NTUA Library Catalog → Inter-Library Loan
- For your better and faster service, completeness and validity of the data of the required literature is required.
- Most requests are fulfilled in 5 to 10 days, either from Greece or from the British Library. The Library is not responsible for any material arrival delays.
- The user is notified by telephone or email to receive his requested material.
- To limit the cost of the courier service, the inter-library loans from libraries in Attica are made by the users themselves.
[show-team category=’diadanismos’ layout=’grid’ style=’img-rounded,img-white-border,text-left,img-above,3-columns’ display=’photo,position,social,email,telephone,name’]