- The first and most important rule for users that are interested in using the inter-library loan service, is to hold a valid library card.
- The Inter-library Loan service is free to the NTUA community (faculty members, technical staff, scientific assistants, administrative staff, undergraduate, postgraduate students and PhD candidates). However, there is a limit regarding the type of the ordered material:
1. Journal articles: Ten (10) orders per user for each academic year.
a. Five (5) orders for books located in Greek libraries per user for each academic year. Shipping costs are paid by NTUA.
b. Five (5) orders for books located in the British Library (BL) or any other foreign library.
3. Standards: Three (3) orders per user for each academic year, since there is a high acquisition cost.
Note that the loan period is up to twenty (20) days.
- Books and/or journal articles can be picked up ONLY at the Central Library, by visiting either the Information desk or the Inter-library Loan service Office. Articles from Greek Academic Libraries might be sent through email. Articles received through the British Library will be in print due to restrictive clauses concerning copyright that are being imposed.
- Inter-library loans from libraries in Attica will be made by the users themselves, to limit the cost of the courier service.
- In case of delay, destruction or loss of materials, the user is responsible for covering all the expenses regarding the materials.
- The Library reserves the right not to provide Inter-library loan services to users who do not comply with the abovementioned conditions.
[show-team category=’diadanismos’ layout=’grid’ style=’img-rounded,img-white-border,text-left,img-above,3-columns’ display=’photo,position,social,email,telephone,name’]