The Patision Branch of the Central Library of NTUA consists of three smaller branches closely connected the one another:
- Patision Branch Library – Averof Building
- Patision Branch Library – Bouboulina Building (4th fl.)
- Patision Branch Library – Doxiadis Collection, Bouboulina Building (5th fl.)
Patision Branch Library – Averof Building
The Library of Averof Building consists of a reading room of 80 seats, 1 seat of PC job and 1 photocopy machine.
The main collection includes:
- 31.000 approximately tomes of books
- Foreign and Greek scientific journals
- Reference material (Encyclopedias, Dictionaries)
It is an open access collection, classified according the Dewey Classification System and covers mainly themes of Architecture and Fine Arts.
It is a Loan Library for the members of the Campus and for the Graduated students of NTUA setting in practice the Loan Regulation. Open Hours: Monday – Friday 8.30 – 18.00
Tel. Num. 210 7723313, 210 7723717, 210 7723835, fax: 210 7723735
Email : email@example.com
Patision Branch Library – Bouboulina Building (4th fl.)
The Library of Bouboulina Building consists of 70 reading places and 1 photocopy machine.
The collection includes:
- 149 titles of scientific journals of Patision Branch, the 119 titles are foreign and the 30 titles are Greek.
- 25 titles of scientific journals of Zirokosta collection, the 23 titles are foreign and the 2 are Greek.
- The Library of Architecture consists of theses and dissertations, lectures of undergraduate and post graduate students of all the directions of the Architecture Faculty.
- European Programs of research
- Doctorate copiesThe theses and the dissertations are not loanable, it is not allowed to copy them. It is only allowed to keep notes from them.
- Reference material (Dictionaries & encyclopedias)
The open hours for the people are: Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 8.30 to 15.00 and Tuesday, Thursday from 8.30 to 18.00
Tel num. 210 7723732, 210 7723727, 210 7723476
Patision Branch Library – Doxiadis Collection, Bouboulina Building (5th fl.)
On December 1998 The National Technical University of Athens accepted a special donation. It was the well known library collection of the Athenian Domestic Centre, which was donated by the Institution of Emma and Constantinos Doxiadis.
This library collection which supported the research and educational activity of this Athenian Centre, as well as the studying activity of Doxiadis office was for decades the basic reference for the technical world in the country and it is considered to be extremely important in its kind globally.
The donation is located as a special collection under the title “Library C.A. Doxiadis” on the 5th floor of the Mpouboulina Building in Patision.
The Collection includes :
- Over 20.000 monographies by the theme of Domestic and other subjects of Social Sciences , Physical sciences, Mathematics, Scientific sciences, City Planning, Architecture, Geography and History.
- Over 1000 foreign and 100 Greek titles of periodicals (specially at the period 1960 – 1980)
- Technical and city planning studies
- Maps and aerial photos
- Government editions
- Reference material
- Folders with archive of newspapers and periodicals.
The Doxiadis Collection is accessible by the public but is not loanable.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 8.30 to 15.00 and Tuesday, Thursday from 12.00 to 15.00
Tel num. 210 7723734, 210 7723732, 210 7723727 fax: 210 7723476